I am not a hardcore gamer. Yes, there are days when I can sit and game for 3-5 hours at a time, but that is pretty much my maximum these days. It is especially my maximum when playing Borderlands 2. There have a been a few areas that have been difficult enough that I'm begging for a save-point or an end to the current mission so I can quit and take a breather.
The game no longer feels "off". I turn it on and it feels familiar as I settle into the Pandora landscape. It does, however, feel more "intense". Even "easy" missions where my character is 4 or 5 levels higher than the surrounding enemies are definitely not as blow-em-away-laughing "easy" as in the original title.
I seem to spend most of my time doing side missions. Partly to get them done and out of the way and partly to avoid progressing through the main storyline too quickly. I explore the landscape on "foot" rather than taking a vehicle out. I wander around and check out all the nooks and crannies. I am definitely enjoying the game now.
However, the main storyline is bothering me. I find most of the characters annoying - although Tiny Tina was a surprising, fun character. A maniacal 13-year-old - hilarious in the context of Pandora (and perhaps not that far-fetched).
Handsome Jack, the main bad guy, is extremely...well...he just does not make sense. He wants to kill all the Vault Hunters. Why? What is the point? Why does he not just hire Vault Hunters to kill other Vault Hunters? Why does he have to come on the ECHO system every half-hour and announce his intention to kill you? Know what a great game addition would have been? If it gave you the choice to work for Handsome Jack or the gang at Sanctuary. I would work for Handsome Jack just so he would shut-the-fuck-up and leave me the hell alone. Give me guns, let me kill bandits and loot crates and mailboxes. Keep the damn vault.
The drunken Mordecai drove me nuts during the last mission I completed. Yeah, great, he sits up in his tower and helps you out by sniping guys, but maybe I did not want his help - especially when I was trying to mutate vorkid for Sir Hammerlock. That should-have-been-10-minutes mission actually took me over an hour because of that sniper bastard's "help".
Lilith has gone on some drug-happy-power-trip due to her increased siren powers. Face it, she's become a crack-whore and I'm supposed to be okay with working for her? Absolute crap.
Roland...what the hell did Gearbox do to my favourite soldier? Clipped his nuts off, that is what they did! In the first game, Roland was my favourite. Run and gun, unstoppable fire-power was the name of the game with him. Now he whines and complains and worries as the almighty "leader" of the resistance. Bleh...why do I need to care?
Fine, I will run and shoot and jump and blast my way through whatever stupid storyline Gearbox has come up with here, but I am only doing it for the money and adventure...
...oh, and the guns...lots and lots of guns!
No comments:
Post a Comment