Scrolling through my blog this morning, I realized that I probably look completely daft or something.
My latest entry is for an entertainment movie (Thor) and the previous entry is a rant against North American society and entertainment (Dumbed Down) and the entry before that is for a videogame (Borderlands: Bring Your Big Guns).
Let me put this conflict into perspective (and please also note that many of my articles are just to keep my writing skills in practice):
I believe that entertainment and art are very good things. I believe they are important aspects of our society. The problem is that we over-indulge ourselves on entertainment and thrills and food in North America.
For my own life, I am looking to seek moderation in all things and attempt to live within an acceptable global footprint (there is enough land on the planet for every person to use 4.7 acres at this junction in history, but in North America our average use is 22-24 acres per person).
Like everyone, I still enjoy my luxuries, I just want to use them responsibly.
No comments:
Post a Comment